(Ski Tour – Snowboarders are Welcome to Join)
You may never have heard of Armenia as a new emerging destination for winter activities, but you can be amongst the first to experience it through this ski tour. Craving for new challenges, colorful emotions, meeting like-minded people, and fast heartbeat? Then this tour is for you!
To make this adventure more than just another ski tour, you can choose to spice it up with paragliding over the Armenian Highland, discharge with “ocean waves” while having unforgettable indoor surfing experience and even enjoy the royal pleasure of extraordinary and unique “Wine and Grapes” Spa center. Get muddy while winter off road Jeeping and encounter with UNESCO World Heritage site Geghard, the only preserved pagan temple in the region Garni, and pin them in your travel memories. Get the real taste of the genuine and authentic Armenian cuisine by the most demanded chef of today’s Armenia, Mr. Sedrak and taste Churchill’s favorite brandy, the legendary Ararat.
Ready to feel that freedom when floating through fresh snow and the adrenaline kicking in the flow? Then get your gear out of storage for disclosing a new hidden winter destination – Armenia.
Start Yerevan, Armenia
Physical rating (4 out of 5)
Finish Yerevan, Armenia
Group size Min 4, Max 20
Tour Theme Skiing
Ages Min 18 or Family
Days 8 days/7nights Trip
Availability December – March
Are you fit for this tour?
While this trip doesn’t require an advanced athletic level of fitness, it’s essential to be fit if you want to partake in all activities. You can find further details in the itinerary.
– Arrival, Meet and Greet at Zvartnots International Airport.
Welcome to Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia. Our tour leader will greet you at the airport and help you with all the ground handling services. – Transfer to Tsaghkadzor Resort. After a welcome briefing meeting with the tour leader, you will check in to your hotel.
– Settle down and join us to explore Tsaghkadzor. You will have a nice stroll in the heart of the city, explore some places of interest and get to know what can be done during your week stay here.
Those who need to rent ski equipment will visit a local rental shop to get the necessary gear. – Then you’ll have free time on your own to explore or just recap from your travel and get a good night’s sleep before tomorrow’s ski adventure.
● Cottages on BB/DBL room basis in Hotel 5*/4*/3* depending on the package you picked. Single room supplement can be provided at additional cost. Request in advance in your application form.
● Tsaghkadzor – Guided City Tour
It’s important that you attend the welcome meeting, as we will be distributing details and next of kin information such as brochures with useful info about the resort and the ropeway, maps, places to eat and things to do around.
Our best piece of ski touring equipment advice is a simple one – Bring your own gear with you! The equipment rental places are available at the resort; however, the experienced skiers will know that in order to get the best skiing experience, you need to have your own gear and accessories with you.
In case you need to rent on piste equipment, based on your prior equipment rental request, we will make them ready for you in advance, you just need to try them on. To make things more convenient for you, the equipment you chose will be stored and reserved for you at the rental shop storage room, under your name during your entire trip. The shop is right at the slopes. Just pass by the shop in the morning, put them on and take the lift to the slopes. You are free to choose other equipment on spot, if necessary. You can also swap them with another equipment, if during skiing you realize they are not the best fit for you. Your request might not be available when it comes to specific equipment brands/names and sizes, therefor once again we recommend to bring your own gear.
The slopes are calling! Transfer to ropeway for on piste skiing. We have a beautiful day ahead for conquering the wintery summits of the Teghenis Mountains (2851m). Leave the warmth of your beds for an amazing adventure accompanied by unspoiled natural landscapes, crispy fresh mountain air, glistening powder snow, and peace.
Free time. Explore the city, there are plenty of good restaurants, markets and shops for essentials or perhaps join your new travel companions for an optional group dinner. Use your hotel’s luxurious facilities -hammam, indoor pool, sauna, gym, spa and much more.
Not tired yet or didn’t get enough of skiing? Slopes are even open for the fans of night skiing from 07.00pm – 11.00pm.
● Overnight in Tsaghkadzor Hotel 5*/ 4*/3* on BB/DBL room basis depending on the package you
● On piste skiing on Mount Teghenis
● Night skiing can be done daily (Extra cost – 17 USD includes 20 entries)
● You can rent snow shoeing and do some hiking around
● You can rent skidoos and explore the area
● Breakfast at the hotel
Those who need a professional ski instructor at the slopes, we can provide ski lessons at extra cost. Please request in your application form in advance.
Technical details about the resort, lifts, slope lengths and elevations, maps you can find in the information package given to you.
The ropeway administration has the right to close some of the slope levels due to specific weather conditions, fog or strong wind for safety and security of guests.
Slopes for night skiing are open daily from 07pm-11pm at additional cost. However, the lifts may not operate due to weather conditions, fog or strong wind.
Another powder party day! Fine, dry, fluffy snow will give you the feeling of ‘floating’ on the surface.
Keep enjoying the full day skiing experience over the slopes of mount Teghenis.
Did we mention the Après-ski? Time to say goodbye to your new friends, hosts, and landscapes that
stamped beautiful memories on your mind. We made sure your last night at the resort will be
memorable. A complimentary Farewell Diner awaits you with delicious food and a night program with
cool music. Dance, mingle with the new friends you managed to make during your one-week stay, taste
the delicious food and drinks, and of course say your farewells.
● Overnight in Tsaghkadzor Hotel 5*/4*/3* on BB/DBL room basis depending on the package you chose.
● Skiing on Mount Teghenis
● Farewell Party
● Breakfast at the hotel
● Complimentary Farewell Dinner
After the dinner, the Farewell Party will be organized at outside Terrace of the Restaurant. In the evening the weather might be cold, so you are recommended to wear thermal winter clothes or just come in your ski suits, hats, gloves and goggles to have that awesome mood and ski party atmosphere.
09:00 – Check out and transfer to Yerevan. If you are not vaccinated, you will do your mandatory PCR test before continuing your day in Yerevan.
For those who love surfing and water sports – Flow House Yerevan is a must to visit! Enjoy surfing with our qualified and professional instructors on FLOW RIDER WAVE OZ 180 degree channel, the largest indoor channel platform in the region right in Yerevan and feel the ocean waves, discharge, enjoy one of
the most adrenaline-filled and adventurous sports, and have the best time.
Those who got tempted by this adrenaline buzz will stay to enjoy it. The rest of the group will have free time to stroll in the city, get some souvenirs, or just explore Yerevan on their own.
15:00 – Time to explore the Armenian capital, located in the shadow of the biblical Mount Ararat. You will have a small tour in the heart of the city and explore Republic Square, Cascade, Opera House. Drive to the impressive Cascade – in the heart of the capital. Here you have an eye-catching view of the “pink” city. The name comes from the pink volcanic stone that most of the buildings of the city are made of.
During our city tour, we will visit the only Spa Center with Armenian – Wine and Grapes SPA! The first and unique spa center in Yerevan, Armenia. The guests will be treated with complimentary grape honey juice and wine made of it, which is a Divine drink, and a short introduction will be given to these unique spa procedures. The grape and wine SPA will allow you to feel the magical power of the sun-kissed grape from Ararat valley. After you sink into the wine made of this fruit, you will feel the magic properties of the Armenian drink, feel hale and hearty, strong and young.
The wine bathing, steaming, skin peeling with the grape seeds and fresh blend, the massage with the grape oil, and too many procedures shall take you to another world of Edem. The tempted ones will stay to enjoy this royal pleasure, and the rest interested to continue strolling in the city on their own will have some free time.
17:00 – Another Complimentary Farewell Dinner at Megerian Carpet to sum up your beautiful Armenian journey where you will see how the traditional hand-made carpets are woven and also participate in an interactive Armenian food preparation master class with one of the most demanded
and famous chefs of todays Armenia – Mr. Sedrak Mamoulian.
● Overnight in Yerevan at Hotel 5*/4*/3* on BB/DBL room basis, depending on the package you chose. Single room supplement can be provided at additional cost. Request in advance in your application form.
● Guided City tour in Yerevan
● Megerian Carpet
● Food preparation Master Class Optional Activities
● Indoor Surfing at Flow House Yerevan (Extra Cost) – 1.5 hours surfing with instructor – 53 USD
● Wine and Grapes Spa (Extra Cost) – Cost varies between 42 USD – 126 USD. (Full description of
packages and price list will be provided separately)
● Breakfast at the hotel
● Complimentary Farewell Dinner
You are required to do the mandatory PCR test before your departure. Test will be organized at the hotel early in the morning. We will bring the Lab specialist to the hotel for the PCR test, just to take special care of you and save you the hustle of travels and extra cost, and give you more time to enjoy the last day.
Make sure to pack with you a swimwear/wetsuit and towel for the Surfing activity. The group leader will accompany you on all included activities, however during the trip you’ll have some free time to relax, discover and explore the country yourself. While your group leader may assist you with many things, like buying souvenirs or gifts from local stores, please note that any optional activities you undertake that are not part of your itinerary, we take no responsibility with regards to the safety of the activity or the standard of the service providers.
Breakfast and transfer to Airport.
- Accommodation in Tsaghkadzor on BB/DBL basis (6 nights)
- Accommodation in Yerevan on BB/DBL basis(1 night)
- Meals on BB basis
- Complimentary Dinners – 2
- Daily bottled water
- Transportation and all transfers
- English speaking tour leader
- Entrance tickets to slopes (5 full days)
- Slope tickets don’t contain insurance, we provide local insurance covering extreme sports up to 2000$ for your entire stay
- Complimentary Yerevan City Tour
- All the included activities as per the itinerary
- Cultural Events and Master classes
- Welcome package, maps and other important information
- Visa assistance
- Travel Insurance with COVID 19
- Air tickets (will be provided upon final confirmation of travel dates)
- Optional activities (at extra cost upon request)
- PCR Test (best rates on site PCR test at extra cost upon request)
Prices Given Are Per Person
***No booking has been made yet. Prices are subject to vary due to currency fluctuations, increased taxes and other reasons, and will be confirmed at the time of final booking.
|HOTELS||4 – 8 PAX/DBL||10 - 16 PAX/DBL||SGL supplement at extra cost|
|Marriott Hotel 5*||$ 880||$ 800||$ 213|
|Marriott Hotel Deluxe Twin 5*||$ 990||$ 920||$ 213|
|Elegant Hotel 4* & Ramada Hotel 4*||$ 850||$ 770||$ 173|
|Tsaghkahovit 3* & Ibis Hotel 3*||$ 740||$ 660||$ 50|
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES AT EXTRA COST
Want to make this adventure more than just another skiing tour, you can choose to spice it up with these optional activities at extra cost. Please let us know in your application form which Optional Activities your prefer not less than 15 days prior your arrival. The price and detailed description of Optional Activities will be provided separately.
Note*** Prices are subject to vary due to currency fluctuations/increased taxes and other reasons and will be confirmed at the time of final booking.
1. Winter Jeeping Tour (***can be done on day 3 or 4 of itinerary).
Price 180 USD per car (1 car accommodates 4 PAX)
2. Winter Paragliding and Sevan Tour (***can be done on day 5 or 6 of itinerary).
Sevan Tour – Discover Lake Sevan, which is one of the highest altitude lakes in the world, where you will have a group tour and visit Sevan Peninsula and the monastic complex Sevanavank (9th century),
consisting of 2 churches.
Lunch will be at Noy Land Resort located on the shore of the lake Sevan. It will produce an absolutely unique effect on you with its picturesque, fresh air and of course fascinating lake. Enjoy the fresh tasty BBQ fish and crayfish kebab, Armenian lemonade and amazing Sevan view.
- Tandem Flight 10 min – 63 USD (includes GoPro videos and photos)
- Tandem Flight 20 min – 100 USD (includes GoPro videos and photos)
- Sevan Tour 40USD
- Paragliding Lake Sevan
- Sevan Peninsula Sevanavank Monastic Complex
- English speaking tour guide
- Lunch at Noy Land Resort in Sevan
- Water open during the tour
Depending on weather conditions, Paragliding and Sevan Tour may be moved to other days of the itinerary. Complete cancellations may also happen if the weather is not suitable for flying during your entire trip, in which case the payment will be reimbursed. It will be cold to Paraglide in winter season at a high altitude, so we recommend wearing your thermal winter clothes or ski suits, with hats, gloves and goggles/sunglasses.
3. Indoor Surfing (***can be done on day 7 of itinerary)
- Indoor Surfing on 180 degree open channel at Flow House Yerevan – 1.5 hours surfing with instructor – 53 USD
4. Wine and Grapes SPA! (*** can be done on day 7 of itinerary)
- Wine and Grapes Spa – Cost varies between 42 USD – 126 USD. (Full description of packages and price list will be provided separately)