RELIGIOUS TOUR TO ARMENIA
(8 Days / 7 Nights)
|PRICE PER PERSON||DBL ROOM||CHILD SHARING (0-4)||CHILD SHARING (5-10)|
|HOTEL NAME||SHIRAK HOTEL|
Rates are per person
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting and Greet at Zvartnots International Airport
- Transfer to the hotel
- After the breakfast your guide will meet you at the lobby of the hotel and you’ll start your trip with
the city tour in the capital of Armenia, Yerevan, which is the largest city of Armenia. The city was
founded in 8th century BC and was known as Erebuni. You will pass by the ancient streets of
Yerevan such as Baghramyan Street, Mashtots Avenue, one of the oldest street Abovyan. You’ll
visit the Victory Park, from where you can admire the whole city.
- The walk will continue by Cascade Complex of massive staircase with fountains to the Opera and
Ballet Theater. Here in Cascade complex is located Cafesjian Center of Art, which offers a wide
variety of exhibitions raised from the collection of contemporary art of the founder Gerard
- Visit History Museum of Armenia located on Republic Square of the city of Yerevan, was founded
on 1919 by National Assembly of Armenia. The museum has national collection of 400.000 objects
with 5 departments as Archaeology, Numismatics, Ethnography, Modern History and Restoration.
The museum represents the culture and history of Armenia from prehistory to the present day.
The Museum also presents rare traces of interrelations between ancient eastern societies in the
Armenian Highlands like Caucasus, Egypt, Crete, the Roman Empire, etc.
- After stroll in Tsitsernakaberd. Genocide Memorial Complex is dedicated to the memory of 1.5
million Armenians of the first genocide of 20th century. The monument it’s a part of Yerevan’s
architecture and has become a pilgrimage site since 1967. This is also a panoramic viewpoint
opening up to the mount of Ararat and Yerevan.
- Hotel in Yerevan and Breakfast
- This day you’ll visit Matenadaran, which is the unique Museum of Armenian Manuscripts, located
at the widest road of central Yerevan, named “Mashtots Avenue”. The museum is also named after
Mesrop Mashtots, the creator of Armenian alphabet, who’s statue you can see in front of the
building. When the museum was established as a distinct institution it had around 10.000
manuscripts. And now Matenadaran have 23.000 manuscripts and scrolls.
- After Matenadaran take the road to the Medieval Monastery of Geghard, located deep within Azat
Valley and founded by Saint Gregory the Illuminator as the area of a small Christian chapel. The
complex is accepted as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000 CE.
- Visit one of the most visiting sites of Armenia – Garni Pagan Temple which is located in the village
of Garni. Built in the 1st century CE, the Temple of Garni survived the destruction of pagan temples
following Armenia’s convention of Christianity. After the earthquakes the temple was
reconstructed. The latter is situated on a cliff, from where opens a beautiful panoramic view up to
a range of Geghama mountains as well as the Azat River near the Ararat Plain.
- Turn back to Yerevan and have a rest.
- Hotel in Yerevan and Breakfast
- The fourth day the road will take you to Khor Virap, located in Armenia, which was the first
established monastery in Armenia in 642 CE. This is one of primary visiting sites in Armenia with
the panorama view of the Ararat Mountain and the Turkish border nowadays. The legend of this
monastery is associated with St. Gregory the Illuminator, who was imprisoned here for 13 years.
You can take the lunch in one of the best places in Yeghegnadzor village.
- After the lunch drive to the Noravank Monastery, known for its brick-red cliffs, is located in a
narrow gorge of Amaghu River. This monastery is an example of the ornate architecture of 13th
century. The sculptor of the biggest portion of Noravank is Momik, who carved also a number of
religious Armenian monuments known as “khachkars”.
- After you’ll continue the trip to the Medieval Monastery of Tatev, accessible by the world’s longest
double track ropeway located in Armenia, was the center of Armenian culture from 13th to 15th
centuries. Here you can see the ancient art and sciences of the University of Tatev, works, official
documents and legal contracts.
- Drive to Goris village, have a rest and overnight there.
- Hotel in Goris and Breakfast.
- After the breakfast drive to Armenian Stonehenge known as Carahunge, an archaeological site
near Sisian. This is a circle composed of 223 stones, some of them are even broken and
unnumbered. Russian and Armenian archeoastronomies have suggested that this place have been
used for astronomical observations.
- Drive to Orbelian Caravanserai which is one of the ancient caravanserais where travelers stayed
for the overnight. Continue the road along the great Silk Road to the blue Pearl of Armenia – Lake
Sevan, recognized as a national treasure in the country. It is the largest lake of the Caucasus and
Armenia, at an altitude of 1900 m above sea level. At the shore of a small island is located the
Monastery complex of Sevanavank. After the water level fell about 20 m, the island transformed
into a peninsula. You can take your lunch here in Sevan, which provides approximately 90% of the
fish and 80% of the crayfish catch of Armenia.
- You’ll take the road to the Armenian Switzerland, known as Dilijan. Dilijan is one of the most
important resorts of Armenia. Take a rest and have an overnight here.
- Hotel in Dilijan and Breakfast.
- In the morning you’ll have a little city tour in old town of Dilijan which includes Sharambeyan
Street in the center, complete with craftsman’s workshops, galleries and museums.
- We’ll visit Goshavank monastery complex of 13th century in Dilijan, which was restored by an
Islamic Individual from United Arab Emirates.
- After, an excursion to the medieval monasteries of Haghpat and Sanahin listed as UNESCO
Heritage Sites. In Haghpat Monastery were studied humanitarian sciences and medicine, scientific
treatises written and paintings, most miniatures created. Haghpat is the unique building
illustrating the high level of development of civil architecture in the 11th-13th century Armenia.
- Hotel in Gyumri and Breakfast.
- After the breakfast in the hotel, we’ll have a city tour in the city of Gyumri.
- You can have a lunch in Gyumri, in the restaurant “Cherkezi Dzor”.
- You’ll continue the day trip to the one of the most visiting sites of Armenia – Etchmiadzin.
- Visit the 4th largest city in Armenia, Etchmiadzin. Before 1945 officially it was admitted as
Vagharshapat. Nowadays the city is best known as the center of the Armenian Apostolic Church
“Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin” and as the location of its Cathedral. The Cathedral of
Etchmiadzin was built in Ancient Armenia, in the early 4th century and was following the adoption
of Christianity as a state religion by King Tiridates.
- Turn back to Yerevan and have a rest in your hotel.
- Hotel in Yerevan and Breakfast.
- Check-out from the hotel at 12:00PM
- Transfer to Zvartnots International Airport.
Above rates include:
- Accommodation in 3* hotel in DBL or Twin room
- Transfer airport – hotel – airport
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Transportation with air-conditioning and comfortable buses
- Professional guide service during the trip
- All entrance fees according to the program
- 1 bottle of water per day per person (0.51)
Above rates do not include:
- Round Trip ticket BEY/EVN/BEY including airport taxes with MEA.
- PCR test at Beirut Airport upon Return: $50 (obligatory-included in the ticket price).
- Visa Fee to be applied online or through the embassy 10$ per person for Lebanese passport
- PCR test in Armenia before traveling back to Beirut 30$ per person.
- Lunches, dinners.
- Travel insurance covid-19: $25.
- SGL: Single / DBL: Double
- Above package rates are in USD (cash).
- If vaccinated with the 2 dose, no need for PCR test.
- If not vaccinated, a PCR test with negative result should be done at least before 3 days from the departure. No need for quarantine.
BEY/EVN MONDAY 11:36-14:35 BEY/EVN THURSDAY 09:16-12:15
EVN/BEY MONDAY 15:35-16:45 EVN/BEY THURSDAY 13:15-14:25